SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
RN Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit / ICU
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical
expertise and the highest quality care, in the most compassionate
way. Do you have a passion for helping others? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of
healthcare services as an ICU RN.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program and employee stock purchase program.
The Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse is responsible for
assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the plan of care
for a specific assigned group of patients with a high level of
acuity. As an ICU RN, you can expect to care for patients with
renal and cardiac failure, MI, respiratory distress, sepsis, and
other critical diagnosis.
- Delivers direct patient care according to established
- Implements, maintains, updates, and evaluates individualized
plan of care on each assigned patient utilizing knowledge of the
developmental needs appropriate to their age group.
- Identifies and addresses the patient's family education
- Administers medication, IV therapy and treatments to assigned
patients in an effective and timely manner.
Medical City North Hills is an award-winning 164-bed acute care
hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North
Richland Hills. The hospital offers a full range of services,
specializing in heart and vascular services, orthopedics, surgery,
and emergency care and has been recognized as a Top Performer by
The Joint Commission for 2013 - 2015.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review
all applications and if you are highly qualified, you will hear
from one of our Recruiters. Come unlock the possibilities and apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Associate degree in Nursing or Graduate of a school of
- Minimum one year previous PCU/Stepdown experience
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse. Texas State RN license
or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30
days after hire.
- Bachelors' Degree in Nursing and Specialty Certification
- Certified in BCLS & ACLS from AHA or ARC required within 60
days of employment
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families,
physicians, and employees.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to
clinical care nursing.
- Clinically proficient in clinical care nursing skills,
demonstrating knowledge of the development needs of the pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric patient, and functions as a role
model for others.
- Performs as Charge Nurse/Resource, and knows responsibilities
of other team members.
- Possess manual dexterity to manipulate technical patient care
- Able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the
- Good general health and emotional stability.
- Must be able to sit intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time
throughout the day.
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel, reach and twist
occasionally to frequently.
- May be exposed to dust, fumes or gases occasionally.
- May be exposed to changes in temperature or humidity
- May be near moving machinery occasionally.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50
- Must be able to carry up to 34 pounds occasionally, must be
able to push or pull up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.