SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with a passion for providing
excellent nursing care to achieve the best outcomes for your
critical care patients? Then apply now to join the Medical Surgical
Trauma Intensive Care Unit (MSTICU) at Chippenham Hospital, a
Provisional Level I Trauma Center.
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest
hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope
of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care
at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health
services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a Provisional
Level I Trauma Center and we offer Central Virginia’s only
Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal
of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure,
pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical
care. As a Provisional Level I Trauma Center, we provide fast,
skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
• 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
• One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
• Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive
• Named A World’s Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years
The Medical Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit at Chippenham
• 32 bed Medical Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit
• Surgical Patients (spine, hip, stomach)
• Medical Patients (DKA, asthma, sepsis, respiratory failure,
• Trauma Patients (MVC, falls, penetrating traumas - ex. gunshot
wounds/stabbings, Pysch - ex. suicide attempts, etoh and drug
• Level I Trauma Certification
• Primary Stroke Certification
• Intensivists model
• Unit Based Shared Governance
• Flexible Scheduling
• Progressive Leadership Model
What Sets Us Apart: "We see people at the sickest, most scariest
time of their lives. Through hard work of our 24 intensivist,
critical care nurses, techs, respiratory therapists, physical
therapists, occupational therapist, speech therapist, and case
management, we make a difference in people lives. Seeing an 18 year
old with 8 gunshot wounds, a 5 month ICU stay, and lengthy rehab,
walk back into the unit to thank the staff that “saved his life” is
why we do what we do!"
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity,
who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
• Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of
professional nursing (required)
• BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred)
• Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as
a Registered Nurse (required)
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health
Care Provider (required)
• ACLS certification (preferred)
• 1 year of nursing experience, ideally in an acute care
• 12 hour shifts (rotating) Days 7am to 7pm, Nights 7pm to
• Weekend & Holiday Rotations
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
• 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for
• Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition
• Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.